Update 9: Rewards & Consequences
Greetings Vek Warriors! Update 9 is here! What's changed, you ask? Well let me tell you...
- You can now start from wave 5 or 9 and receive a big score bonus when you complete them. You have to reach each wave at least once to unlock them though.
- Earn a bonus by completing a perfect warp round.
- Explosions are now a bit prettier.
- Added scrolling flavor text on the title screen after the high-score table.
- Bosses are now harder on subsequent iterations.
- Added separate 3D objects to first boss cannons.
- Added boss spawn-in hyperspace portals.
- Controllers are now visible (in vector form) on title screen.
- Now remembers if the player prefers using their left-hand and defaults to that controller on next launch.
- Reduced the score for destroying super-landers from 200 to 100.
- Changed pause button to being trackpad or joystick click (depending on hardware).
- Fixed the HUD sometimes lagging one-frame behind in tracking the player view, resulting in judder.
- Fixed there being no score awarded for beating the second boss.
- Tweaked UI colouring.
- No longer says "prepare for next wave" at the end of a boss fight right before saying "prepare for warp."
- Fixed the floor ring still being visible in warp.
- Fixed not being able to fire missiles with the left controller.
- Fixed the head boss occasionally stopping dead and not moving again.
- Disabled firing with the ctrl key on the keyboard.
- Performance improvements.
Enjoy, and expect some more exciting VekWars news soon!
VekWars - Latest Version 345 MB
Version 9 Jun 13, 2021
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.